Q. Can I Use CDOSYS Email Component with Secure Login Manager?
A. Yes, you can change from CDONTS to CDOSYS by following these steps:
- Open the file "applications/SecureLoginManager/inc_secureloginmanager_CDOSYS.asp" and go to line 98
- Change the smtp server name from "mail.yoursmtpserver.com" to YOUR smtp server name (If you don't know your SMTP server name, contact your webhost):
- Change from: objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "mail.yoursmtpserver.com"
- Change to: objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserver") = "YOUR smtp server name"
- Save the file as "inc_secureloginmanager.asp" (This will replace/overwrite your existing "inc_secureloginmanager.asp" file) and upload to your web server.
*If you don't know your SMTP server name or have questions regarding CDOSYS, contact your webhost):
If your server requires SMTP authentication, then you will need to do the following steps as well:
- Open "applications/SecureLoginManager/inc_secureloginmanager_CDOSYS.asp" go to line 100
- Locate the following line:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
- Below that line, add the following codes:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "myusername"
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "mypassword"
* myusername = email server username from your webhosting provider
* mypassword = email server password from your webhosting provider
* Do not erase code: objCDOSYSCon.Fields.Update
- Save and upload it to your server
If you need a professional help to do this for you, feel free to submit your request through:
For more information about DMXReady professional services, please see here: