Customizing Your Skins With Online Notebook Manager
Posted by Graham Strong on 03 October 2008 02:59 PM
DMXReady provides Fireworks .png files, complete with slices, for you
to modify and/or replace. One of the easiest customizations is to
change the color, using the steps below. PLEASE NOTE: These steps are
for your information only. DMXReady does not support any issues while
using Fireworks. Please refer to your Fireworks documentation, and make
a backup copy of all files before you start customizing your original
- In Dreamweaver or using Windows Explorer, duplicate the
default skin folder (found at \onlinenotebookmanager\skins), and name
it the color you wish to create.
- In Fireworks, open that
skin, found at:
- Go to â€œSelect > Select Allâ€.
- In the Properties box, click on â€œEffects > Adjust Color > Hue/Saturationâ€.
Make sure the â€œColorizeâ€ checkbox and the â€œPreviewâ€ checkbox are both checked.
- Adjust the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness until you have the color scheme you like.
- Save the file as \onlinenotebookmanager\skins\ColorYouJustNamed\png\onlinenotebookmanager_ColorYouJustNamed.png.
Go to â€œFile > Exportâ€. Unclick â€œInclude Area Without Slicesâ€ and
export all images to
â€œ\onlinenotebookmanager\skins\ColorYouJustNamed\images\â€ and click
â€œYesâ€ if prompted to overwrite.
- Upload your newly created color scheme\onlinenotebookmanager\skins\ColorYouJustNamed to your local server.
- Log into the Admin Control Panel and go to â€œSettings > Skinsâ€.
- Select your new color from the pull-down menu, and click on the â€œApply Skinâ€ button.
There are other ways you can modify this file â€“ play around with
coloring the gif images or even adding your own. Just be careful not to
adjust the overall file size of the image as this could impact how your