Can I Use CDOSYS Email Component with Landing Page Manager?
Posted by DMXReady-MH on 01 November 2008 07:29 PM
Q. Can I Use CDOSYS Email Component with Landing Page Manager?|
A. Yes, you can use CDOSYS with Landing Page Manager by following these steps:
*If you don't know your SMTP server name or have questions regarding CDOSYS, contact your webhost
- Go to your application setting: www.yourdomain.com/landingpagemanager.asp?show=settings&page=mail_server
- Look for "Select Email Component" section on the page.
- Make sure the application states that CDOSYS server is supported.
CDOSYS on the "Select Email Component" select box. If CDOSYS is
not supported, leave the box selection to "CDONTS".
in the smtp server address in "SMTP Server Address" field. E.g.:
** Note that you would need to confirm your SMTP
mail address from your hosting provider.
- Click Submit Query button that is located on the bottom of the page
That's it! You are ready to go with CDOSYS email component in Landing Page Manager
If your server requires SMTP authentication, then you will need to do the following steps as well:
- Open "/applications/app_engine/security/send_password/inc_send_password.asp" and go to line 90
- Locate the following line:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
- Below that line, add the following codes:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "myusername"
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "mypassword"
* myusername = email server username from your webhosting provider
* mypassword = email server password from your webhosting provider
* Do not erase code: objCDOSYSCon.Fields.Update
- Save and upload it to your server
If you need a professional help to do this for you, feel free to submit your request through:
For more information about DMXReady professional services, please see here: