Can I Use CDOSYS Email Component with Member Directory Manager?
Posted by DMXReady-MH on 01 November 2008 08:04 PM
Q. Can I Use CDOSYS Email Component with Member Directory Manager?|
A. Yes, you can use CDOSYS with Member Directory Manager by following these steps:
*If you don't know your SMTP server name or have questions regarding CDOSYS, contact your webhost
- Go to your application setting: www.yourdomain.com/admin/MemberDirectoryManager/settings.asp
- Look for "Email Server Component" section on the page.
- Make sure the application states that CDOSYS server is supported.
CDOSYS on the "Select Email Component" select box. If CDOSYS is
not supported, leave the box selection to "CDONTS".
in the smtp server address in "SMTP Server Address" field. E.g.:
** Note that you would need to confirm your SMTP
mail address from your hosting provider.
- Click Save Changes button that is located on the bottom of the page
That's it! You are ready to go with CDOSYS email component in Member Directory Manager
If your server requires SMTP authentication, then you will need to do the following steps as well:
If you need a professional help to do this for you, feel free to submit your request through:
- Open "/admin/MemberDirectoryManager/components/AdminSecurityManager/login.asp" and go to line 117
- Locate the following line:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport") = 25
- Below that line, add the following codes:
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername") = "myusername"
objCDOSYSCon.Fields("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword") = "mypassword"
* myusername = email server username from your webhosting provider
* mypassword = email server password from your webhosting provider
* Do not erase code: objCDOSYSCon.Fields.Update
- Save and upload it to your server
- Repeat step 2-4 to "/applications/MemberDirectoryManager/components/inc_memberprofilemanager_login.asp" at line 159
- Repeat step 2-4 to "/applications/MemberDirectoryManager/components/mailer_objects/CDOSYS.asp" at line 34
For more information about DMXReady professional services, please see here: