Q. Can I add additional security
levels to Secure Login Manager?
A. Yes, however you will need Microsoft Access to customize the application
at the database level.
- Open the SecureLoginManager.asp database
- Open the "tblSLM_Security" table
- Add new record to the table (represents new security level)
- Save and upload database to your server.
- Create and open a copy of the "inc_security.asp" page in Dreamweaver.
This will be found in your local site in the /applications/SecureLoginManager/components
- Edit line 22 to include the new security level (e.g. '4'). You choose to
make this page accessible by levels 1,2,3,4 or by just level 4 or by any combination
of these levels, depending on your needs.
- Save as "inc_security_access_level_4.asp" and upload to your server.
- Secure all pages that you want to restrict to level 4 as you normally would,
but using this file instead.
NOTE: You can also use this procedure for changing security levels for DMXReady
Secure Document Library and Members Area Manager.