Q. Can I combine individual DMXReady app databases into a single database?
A. Yes. All DMXReady apps use uniquely named database tables so you can combine all tables into a single database without the risk of overwriting the database tables or corrupting the applications functionality. However, you will need Microsoft Access to make these changes:
- Open any one of your databases in Microsoft Access (found in your Local Site in the /databases folder)
- Save this as "main.mdb"
- Open all the databases you wish to combine
- Copy all tables from each application and paste them into the new main database
- Save and upload to your server
You will also have to change the connection strings for all the application databases you combined:
- Open all the connection files found in your Local Site in the /Connections folder
- Change the name of the database file to "main.mdb" (see example below)
- Save and upload all files to your server
MM_documentlibrarymanager_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/databases/DocumentLibraryManager.mdb") & ";"
MM_documentlibrarymanager_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/databases/Main.mdb") & ";"
You can also combine databases so that more than one application can use the same data. For example, you can combine Registration Manager and Mailing List Manager so that they access the same tables. This reduces duplication in data and the work required to manually sychronize the two databases.