Q. Can I allow duplicate e-mail
addresses in Members Directory Manager?
A. Yes. By default, Members Directory Manager checks to ensure that there is
no duplication, which may indicate that the person is already in the database.
However there may be times when you require duplication; for example, if two
or more people are reached through a general e-mail address (e.g. email@example.com).
Follow the steps below to allow duplicates. (Note: you will need Microsoft Access
to complete this customization.)
Changes to the database:
- Using MS Access open the latest version of your database
- Open the table "tblEntity" in design view.
- Click on the field name "EmailAddress"
- Change "indexed" property to "Yes (Duplicates OK)"
- Save the database an upload to your webserver
Changes to the pages:
You will also be required to remove the code the checks for duplicate email
address inside the "insert.asp" and "update.asp" pages.
1. Open the update.asp page and remove everything from line 120 to 143
2. Open the insert.asp page and remove everything from line 69 to 88