Q. How do I move my DMXReady app to a subfolder?
A. DMXReady STRONGLY recommends that all application files and folders are uploaded to the root of your domain/website. (i.e. the same folder that contains your index.htm, index.asp, or home.htm, etc.). All DMXReady applications are designed to operate from this root. Further, if you have multiple DMXReady applications, they are all kept neatly together within specified directories (admin, application, database, etc.)
However, there may be times when you need to move your application to a new folder. If you find that you absolutely need to move your application off the root of your server, follow these steps:
- Open your website in Dreamweaver.
- Create the new folder, ensuring that you use a unique name (e.g. extra).
- Install your DMXReady application into this folder.
- Open the "Find and Replace" tool. (Edit > Find and Replace, or Ctrl+F).
- In the "Find" text box, enter applications/
- In the "Replace" text box, enter extra/applications/
- Make sure in the "Find In:" pull-down menu, you highlight "Folder" (select the /extra folder) and in the the "Search For:" pull-down menu you highlight "Source Code".
- Click on "Replace All" and then "Yes" to change all instances within this folder.
- Repeat these steps for all the folders within your DMXReady application (admin, databases, etc.)
You may wish to make these links "absolute" while you are at it. If this is the case, then instead of entering "extra/applications/" in the replace box, enter "http://www.yourdomain/extra/applications" etc.